Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Place: Duxbury Free Library – Merry Room
Workshop Leader: Chris Ruggio (Click to Email)
Fee: $30 [Check or cash payable at the Workshop]
Maximum #Students: 10 [Minimum 4]
Join photographer Chris Ruggio as he introduces you to the exciting world of flash photography. Chris explains how to get started shooting with flash, then on to using your new skills to explore, create, and get studio-quality results on a shoestring budget. This workshop will focus on the essentials of flash photography:
- Understanding your flash’s controls
- How to get the most out of your flash
- Using your flash creatively
- Controlling light by using modifiers
- Easy lighting setups
- Composition, posing, and working with your subjects
This course will focus on practical application of lessons learned and we will spend plenty of time shooting in pairs or small groups.
What to Bring:
- Digital SLR with hot shoe flash/sync capability
- Flashgun (“Speedlite”)
If you have them:
- Light stand
- Lighting modifier (umbrella, softbox, etc)
- Sync cable or lighting triggers
…and if you don’t have them, don’t worry!
Chris is a self-taught award-winning photographer and Getty Artist.
He is a Boston native who spent 20 years living and working in London, returning three years ago to live in Duxbury, where he is now President of the DCC.
If you are interested in signing up for this workshop, please contact Chris Ruggio.