Date: Sat, May 13th
Time: 10:00 am
Carpool: Stop & Shop parking lot, Rt 139 Pembroke
Trip Leader: Frank Moccaldi
Email: Click Here to Email
The Old House known as "Peacefield", located at 135 Adams St in Quincy, was built in 1731. It became the residence of the Adams family for four generations from 1788 to 1927. It was home to Presidents John Adams and John Quincy Adams;
Adjacent to the house is the Stone Library, built in 1873, it contains more than 12,000 books that belonged to the Adamses. Stroll the Old House grounds which include a historic orchard and an 18th-century style formal garden, containing thousands of annual and perennial flowers.
After photographing the grounds of the Adams Estate (no photographs can be taken inside the buildings), the group may wish to visit other places of interest near Quincy, such as: the Trailside Museum in Milton, or Marina Bay in North Quincy, or the old Salem ship at the Fore River shipyard.